As long time readers will know, I have struggled with anxiety my entire life. Over the years, before I decided to go the medication route, I found easy ways to reduce my stress levels that don’t involve supplements or medications.
Even though I am now on medication, that doesn’t mean I don’t experience anxiety anymore. I still find days where these tactics come in handy during right before a big meeting at work.
- Take a bath – One of my absolute favorite things to do is take a bath. I use a combination of essential oils that are infused in my bubbles to keep my energy charged and body relaxed.
- Hot Teas – I got into hot teas a couple years ago. There are so many different ways to make hot tea and there are a hundred different blends. My favorite hot tea recipe is chai tea with honey and a splash of milk or flavored creamer. Lots of teas having relaxing elements to them that ease the tension in your body(plus most are caffeine free).
- Yoga or Light Stretching – Exercise in any form helps reduce stress. Whether that be going for a run or just simply spending 10-15 minutes stretching in the morning can really make a difference.
- Cook Something New – This year I have started learning how to cook and it has been very rewarding. I feel so proud of myself every time I successfully learn a new recipe. Stuff like this boosts my confidence and relieves my stress level.
- Be Artistic – Not everyone can paint or draw, but everyone has an artistic side. Writing, dancing, acting, DIYs, crafts, etc. Whatever that thing is for you, spend more time doing that.
- Watch a Movie that Hits the Feels – I, personally, love movies. Especially movies that make me feel something. Sometimes, as anxious people, we can hold up all of our emotions until we explode. Watching movies helps me relieve those emotions.
- Make a List of Everything You Are Thankful for – Sometimes we can get caught up in our anxiety and lose perspective. That’s okay, but you have to pull yourself back. Making lists of people and things you are thankful for is important
- Have a Pamper Session – I like to spend at least one Saturday night a month pampering myself. The little things that you let go like, plucking your eyebrows, painting your nails, etc. I, personally, love to watch an episode of my favorite show while taking a hot bath with a nice face mask.
- Listen to Your Happy Playlist – I love making playlists on Spotify! Creating lists of songs/albums that are important to you is such a great stress reliever. Especially when a song comes on at the perfect moment when you need it most.
- Meditate – I’ll be honest, I was skeptical of meditation. I never thought it would work, but after trying it several times I will always recommend it. There are lots of different ways to meditate. I suggest finding the way that works best for you and sticking to your own meditation routine.
I so hope this list has helped you if you are urgently searching for anxiety relief. If you are in a situation where you need advice, feel free to message me or reach out to me on social media and I will give you all the resources I can that helped me through one of the toughest times of my life. But I will also urge you to reach out to family and friends closest to you.